D. J. Rainey returned to the district the following year and located the Grizzly, now the Roosevelt claims, on Bitter Creek; and F. P. Stewart and Ward Brightwell returned in 1902, when they located the Mountain Boy ground. Wm. Noble prospected what is now the George Copper ground, but did not locate, as he had a few weeks previously staked the Outsider and Eagle claims at Maple Bay, and they being practically on tide water, seemed to offer better returns than the ground further inland. The Outsider group was sold to D. B. Brown of Seattle, in 1906, who formed the Brown-Alaska Company, and shipped some 250,000 tons of ore before closing down. In the fall of 1902, Rainier and J. W. Stewart located the Rainey and some other claims, now included in the Silverado group on the west slope of the Mountain now called Mount Rainey, after the hardy pioneer. The height of the mountain is 6240 feet and is claimed to be the highest mountain in the world rising directly from the sea. (Note:-Not correct)
Rainey interested some Seattle people in the claims on Bitter Creek and the Grizzly Mining Co. was formed. Considerable work was done and a shipment of ore which returned $43 per ton, but this being too low to pay at that time, the claims were allowed to lapse, when they were re-staked by Rainey as the Roosevelt for himself and his partners, Graham Chambers of Nass Harbour and J. Chew of Vancouver, who later organized the Roosevelt Mining Company and did considerable work for a number of years. Later the property was acquired by the syndicate now operating it.